Startup Fundraising is hard. It's faster & easier when you are fundable.
If you are...
- Not sure what it means to be fundable
- Struggling to get meaningful investor interest
- Unsure if you are getting traction that investors care about
- Tired of sorting thru dozens of random startup soundbites
- Tired of hearing what founders should do without help on HOW to do it
... You're not alone. 95% of startups fail or dramatically miss expectations.
You want to raise startup funds, but contrary to popular opinion, pitch deck templates are the wrong place to start.
Smart founders know to focus on fundability before fundraising.
Fundability Before Fundraising Startup Training Academy
Great execution leads to great success. But even the most educated founders struggle to transform high-level concepts into real world results. And by now, you've probably realized random hacks and disorganized tips & tricks aren't working. To help you build a healthy startup, we offer:
Structured training organized into a repeatable process / methodology.
More Breadth & Depth
Not just a few high-level ideas. Broad, low-level blueprints.
Color-by-numbers templates to implement best practices.
Improves learning by 400%. No one learns calculus from a fireside chat.
Across two live, 6-week programs,
you will learn to:
- Prepare for fundraising and due diligence
- Plan your funding strategy
- Execute your strategy & build a fundable company
- Sell your traction with a killer pitch deck
- Close prospective investors with reasonable terms
Part I: Build Fundability
A 6-week program to help founders Prepare, Plan, and Execute in support of a Pre-Seed fundraise.
Part II: Fundraise Intelligently
A 6-week program to help founders Sell and Close a Seed or Series A fundraise.
We go beyond presentation techniques and cold outreach tactics. Learn the same principles and processes taught at a major startup accelerator to build your pitch and raise funds the RIGHT WAY.
Meet Your Instructor
Sam Wong is a five-time startup executive (1x CEO, 1x CTO, 3x Tech VP) with three exits. Sam wrote a book on startup execution, advises at accelerators, and spoke at TechCrunch Disrupt & The Lean Startup Conference.
Sam has led multiple business and technical functions, crafting both strategic direction and tactical implementation — which makes him well-qualified to address the many-faceted needs of a startup. Sam strives to build clear, detailed, actionable content, which is why our training is very visual and includes ready-to-use tools. Sam is:
- Seasoned: 5 startups; 30+ years experience; not a lucky, “one-hit wonder”
- A Teacher for Accelerators: Created / delivered curriculum for multiple accelerators
- A Well-Spoken Coach: popular speaker with consistently strong audience feedback
- A Published Author: one book on startup execution (with a second in the works)
Over 10,000 people have attended one (or more!) of our startup training classes.
Here's what they have to say:
Let's Take A Peek Inside The Academy...
FUNDABILITY: Build Your Healthy Foundation
- Formation to exit roadmap
- Critical success factors
- Founder / startup fit
- Lean Canvas & biz plans
- Startup vs. small business
- Formation: C-Corp vs. LLC
- Founder equity & tax
- Cap table best practices
- Investor due diligence
- Data room configuration
Funding Strategy I
- Fundraising mistakes
- When, how, how much
- Inflection points: product, sales & mktg, biz dev, IP
- Financial modeling/FinOps
Funding Strategy II
- Valuation & startup stock
- Vehicles: convertible notes, SAFEs, priced equity
- Conversion mechanics
- Friends & family funding
- Funding sources & targets
Lean Startup, Product Market Fit
- Desirable, feasible, viable
- Build, measure, learn cycle
- Pivots: why, when, how
- Customer / idea validation
- MVP process & examples
Early-Stage Fundraising Pitches
- Why most pitches fail
- Storytelling & de-risking
- Investor pitch lifecycle
- Pre-Seed pitch decks, pitch practice & targeting
FUNDRAISING: Strategize & Pitch With Confidence
Go to Market & Mktg
- Brand marketing
- Product mktg & messaging
- Growth marketing
- Go-to-market (important!)
- Metrics & revenue models
- Selling to investor pain
- Angels investors vs. Venture Capitalists
- How VC firms work
- How VCs think
- Stories that captivate, validate, and motivate
- Storytelling practicals
- Storytelling examples
- Pitch copywriting
Pitch Deck De-Risking & Investor Outreach
- Visually effective pitches
- Pitch deck sections & slides
- Keys to every pitch slide
- Pitch scripting & practice
- Real-world pitch delivery
& Term Sheets
- How to engage investors
- Term sheet terms: economics, control, misc
- Negotiation best practices
- Series Seed legal docs
Accelerators, Live Pitches, Wellness
- Accelerators: pros & cons
- Applying to Y Combinator
- Founder balance, support, priorities, wellness
- Live pitches & feedback
Most Founders focus on pitches.
Most pitches fail.
Stop buying into worthless soundbites and startup folklore. Instead, engineer your success with our proven, repeatable process.
The Academy focuses on getting your startup healthy and fundable, then on raising funds. Fundable startups raise funds faster, easier, at higher valuations & with better terms.
What are you waiting for?
Join the Fundability Before Fundraising Training Academy Today!
Part 1: Build Fundability
* Only $2995 after course completion rebateRegister for November Cohort
Part 2: Fundraise Intelligently
* Only $3495 after course completion rebateJoin FUNDRAISING Waitlist
* The first two cohorts for Academy Part 1 (Fundability) were funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Unfortunately, the funding has run out. We will schedule the next cohorts based on interest from the waitlists. The waitlist for Parts 1 & 2 are about 200 & 70 people respectively, so sign up if you are interested!
We guarantee your complete satisfaction with our Startup Academy. Participate in the classes for 30 days. If you are not 100% satisfied, email us at [email protected], show your commitment to the Academy so far, and we will refund your payment. You must be 100% satisfied with this this academy or your money back! You can check the non-hassle refund policy right here.
A community to build your business and grow your network.
Inside our exclusive Academy Community, members can:
- Connect with other participants to ask questions and share experiences
- Search the forum for past knowledge and posts
- Explore training exercises and tools to build skills
- Attend exclusive online meetup events
Who is the Startup Training Academy for?
To create a healthy environment for founder learning and growth, there are only 20 seats available per cohort.
The Academy is best suited for startup entrepreneurs who:
- Are coachable, hungry to learn, and willing to work hard.
- Have launched a startup business, or expect to start one in the very near future.
- Want to build a solid, fundable foundation for their startup venture.
- Will be committed to attend all sessions of the program (yes, we will take attendance).
- Will complete the weekly homework assignments (usually requiring about 1 hour a week).
This is not for you if:
- You want shortcuts or quick hacks.
- You aren't committed to the hard work required to build a successful venture.
- You are entrenched in your thinking and unwilling to consider other methods.
- You think taking a class means investor funds are assured.
- You can't attend all the sessions, or don't intend on doing the weekly exercises.
More Testimonials on Our Content and Services:
"Hard to understand concepts are broken down into layman’s terms so that even first time founders (like me) can understand it. I’ve been searching for an entrepreneur’s road map but haven’t found one anywhere online … until now."
"Great Insights from a “been there, done that” founder turned advisor. Sam has some really great frameworks for logically derisking your business in the most effective order."
CEO, Venture Validator
"Full of practical guidance with tons of specific examples that are easy to understand and apply. Detailed coverage of important topics such as MVP, valuation, exit strategies, and balancing family and friends in the midst of heavy startup stress."
"As an advisor to our company, Sam’s technical depth, business breadth and clear, methodical approach has proven first-hand his expertise at startup execution. Our only regret is not having him as an advisor earlier."
"Sam can be defined as a Dedicated, Determined, and Brilliant mentor and advisor … The advice was given in a manner that any inexperienced person can understand. He goes above and beyond to make sure no stone is left unturned even if it means to add extra hours of his time."
"Practical, Personal and Poignant! … Excellent advice on topics ranging from financial planning to mental health. Clear, crisp explanations and examples."
Author, Slicing Pie
Frequently Asked Questions
For definitive details, refer to our website terms.
When will the next cohort be?
How does the priority list work?
How does the refundable deposit work?
What is the completion challenge rebate and how do I qualify for it?
Do you offer discounts?
Can I include a co-founder?
How does the money-back guarantee work?
How do I know this Academy will help me?
Is 1-on-1 coaching included with the Academy?
Does your program include investor lists like many other programs?
Will you introduce me to investors if I join your academy?
Do you guarantee we'll raise money or get a term sheet?
How does the pitch to 5+ investors work in the Fundraise (part 2) program?
Hard Work Ahead! ⚠
DISCLAIMER: Startups are hard. They require a ton of skill, expertise, and commitment. We don’t believe in quick hacks or simple tips and tricks that purport to bring success. There is no “get rich quick” method to building a company. Even with great training and tools, most startups still run a very high risk of failure. Many startup variables such as the team, timing, idea, business model, funding, and your ability to work hard and persevere can have a dramatic impact on your success.
Fundable Startups is designed to provide support and guidance to help entrepreneurs move forward faster and better. But we cannot and do not guarantee any specific outcome from our ideas, information, training, or tools. We worked very hard to execute well and achieve our results in our previous startups and cannot guarantee similar results, as there are many factors beyond our control. Examples and scenarios are illustrative only, or represent past results that have no bearing or promise on future performance.
Fundable Startups, Execution Matters, LLC, and our coaches or instructors provide any and all resources and tools as-is with all faults and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. This disclaimer is necessary because the content and tools are offered for a comparatively low price. If the purchaser desires any type of warranty, then a commercially reasonable price would be at least one to two orders of magnitude higher.
None of our resources, content or tools are meant to serve as financial, legal, tax, investment, or management advice for your specific situation. We provide general information only. You are strongly advised to consult your own qualified counsel regarding any data, information, or decisions related to your particular situation. By using these resources and tools, you accept all risks and liabilities related to their use.
In summary, startups are very demanding and risky ventures. Most will fail. Your results will vary and depend on many factors, including but not limited to, the environment, your background, experience and work ethic. If these terms are not acceptable, please do not use or purchase our services or products.