Last updated: February 16, 2021
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information from you through:
- The Services you use or processing your orders
- Requests or questions you submit to us via online forms, email, or otherwise
- Your participation in sweepstakes, contests, or surveys
- Any reviews that you submit about the Services
- Account registration and administration of your account
- Uploads or posts to the Services
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain, personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Your identifiable information may include but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Billing information, such as shipping address of a gift card recipient, credit or debit card number, verification number, and expiration date
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us
- Information about your customer service interactions with us
- User-generated content you post in public forums such as when you comment on or review our Service
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Service
- Cookies and Usage Data
- General location information (e.g., city/state and or postal code associated with an IP address) from your computer or any access device.
Third-Party Personal Data Collection
We may receive additional information such as demographic and statistical information from third parties, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, and other parties that we may attribute to you based on your assignment to certain statistical groups. We use this information to supplement the information that we collect directly from you in order to derive your possible interests and to provide more relevant experiences for you and improve our products, analytics, and advertising.
If you receive an email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as:
- IP address
- Browser types, versions and languages
- The operating system, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs) referring and exit pages and URLs
- The number of clicks, Service pages viewed, and the order of those pages
- The date and time you used the Services, error logs, and other similar information
- Time spent on the Service pages
- Unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking and Cookies Data
- Session cookies
- Preference Cookies
- Security Cookies
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include a unique anonymous identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used, such as beacons, tags, and scripts, to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Use of Data
We, or our service providers, use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you, in order to:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- Complete a purchase or provide the Services you have requested, including invoicing and accounting
- Respond to your request for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service
- Provide you with updates and information about the Service or changes to our Service in which you have enrolled
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding Execution Matters and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
- Customize the advertising and content you see on the Services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services, including through research, reports, analysis, and tests.
- To create new products, features, and services based on your preferences
- Secure our websites and applications, and resolve app crashes and other technical issues being reported
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device. We may use such information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Where use of your information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you (for example, to comply with: the Terms and Conditions of our websites which you accept by browsing the websites/registering; and/or our contract to provide our Services to you);
- You have permitted us to do so
- For payment processing purposes
- Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our website and applications; operate our business and our Services; make and receive payments; comply with legal requirements and defend our legal rights; prevent fraud and to know the customer to whom we are providing Services);
- Where we are required to process information in accordance with an EU Member State legal obligation; or where we have your consent, in accordance with applicable law
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Service may integrate third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on the Service, as well as on other websites you visit and other applications you use. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, the information you enter, such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you.
These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
Third parties may also place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or another device to collect information about you, as discussed above. These third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers such as Google Analytics, DoubleClick and others) may also serve tailored ads to you as you use the Internet and Internet-connected applications, and access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other devices you use to access the Services to assist in this activity.
Please note that if you exercise the choices above, you may still see advertising when you use the Services, but it will not be tailored to you based on your online behavior over time.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPA)
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Execution Matters is committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third-party purposes, and that is why we provide a variety of opt-out mechanisms listed above. However, we do not currently respond to, recognize, or support browser-initiated DNT signals. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser. To learn more about Do Not Track, you can do so here.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Execution Matters aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update, or request the deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Execution Matters relied on your consent to process your personal information
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to any such requests. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ and/or provide access to or share your information with select third parties and individuals who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, marketing, product content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Disclosure of Data
By using our Service, you acknowledge and agree that we may access, retain and disclose the information we collect and maintain about you if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, retention or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with legal process (e.g., a subpoena or court order)
- To protect against legal liability
- Respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service
- Protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Execution Matters, its agents and affiliates, its users, and/or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, and spam/malware prevention, and similar purposes.
As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions (including in contemplation of such transactions), user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of our assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, we will comply with such restrictions.
From time to time, we may share Aggregate/Anonymous Information about the use of the Service, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
Retention of Personal Data
Execution Matters will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Links to Other Sites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Execution Matters, LLC
P.O. Box 945
San Mateo, CA 94403